Certified LEAN Instructor with 10+ years of experience in training, coaching and implementing the LEAN Methodology in various industries. Proven knowledge and skills in both LEAN at production related areas, support functions as well as Supply Chain. Held various positons in Production Management field before venturing into LEAN manufacturing with a total of 32+ years of working experience. Worked at factory level as well as Consulting level for an International LEAN Consulting firm. Excellent cross culture communication skills with the ability to converse in various Asian languages.
- English 100%
- Bahasa Malaysia 100%
- Chinese 45%
- Tamil 85%
- Indonesian 85%
ZF Chassis System Co. Ltd., Beijing, China. ZFPS Expert / Coordinator, April 2015 – present
- ZF is a leading Automotive supplier of Front and Rear Axles, Components and Shock Absorbers for BMW, Benz, Audi and VW which has it’s own Production System (PS) that operates under the LEAN Principles.
- Responsible for 9 facilities in China and Korea.
- Responsibility 1: Conduct workshop (kaizen), LEAN Evaluation, Certification for Plant ZFPS Coordinator’s,
- Responsibility 2: Coordination work between Business Units in regard to workshop or certification needed to meet ZFPS Objective and Roadmap.
TBM Consulting Group Co. Ltd., Shanghai, China. Sr. Management Consultant, April 2012 – September 2014.
- American based International LEAN Consulting firm.
- Responsibilities: Identify growth opportunities and magnify it’s potentials by increasing Efficiency, Productivity and Profitability, formulating the Roadmap and Milestone of the LEAN journey, applying customized solutions and empowering teams and creating a sustainable culture of Continues Improvement.
- During this tenure, clients serviced were from Garment industry, Optical, Digital Scales, Automotive, Building Material and Cable Harness.
- Obtained my LEAN Instructor Certification from TBM Institute at Durham, North Carolina.
Pulse Electronics Co. Ltd., Chang An, Guangdong, China. Regional LEAN and Safety Director, March 2005 – March 2012 (Last position held.
- American based electronics manufacturing company with 7 manufacturing facilities throughout China.
- Was hired to lead the LEAN journey which started in 2005.
- LEAN Responsibilities: Hire, train, coach and implement LEAN Methodology in all the 7 locations. Objective was to realize the savings goal through LEAN implementation and to spread the LEAN culture throughout the company.
- SAFETY Responsibilities: Used LEAN methods to reduce the accident rate by adapting the “Prevention is better than cure” approach and using the Poke Yoke method (mistake proofing).
Alcoa Flexible Packaging Co. Ltd., Kedah, Malaysia. Manufacturing Manager, July 2004 – January 2005. Jabil Circuit Co Ltd., Penang, Malaysia. Line Manager, June 2002 – July 2004. Pulse Components Co. Ltd., Kedah, Malaysia. Manufacturing Manager December 1983 – June 2002.
- Last 3 jobs were Production Management responsibilities.
- Manage entire Manufacturing Operations to drive and meet management KPI’s.
Higher Secondary School – SMK Ibrahim, Sungai Petani, Kedah, Malaysia. 1981 (end)
- Grade 2
- Active in sports: Athletics.
- Other activities : Scouts
Shopfloor Kaizen Breakthrough Instructor Training, TBM Institute, Durham, North Carolina, USA
- 2006 (Certified LEAN Instructor)
- MS Office at KISMEC, Malaysia.
- DFT (Demand Flow Technology at JCIT * John Constanz Institute of Training, Shanghai.
- Demand Driven Flexible Production System at Hong Kong Productivity Council, Hong Kong.
- Team Alignment Training at CRESCO, Hong Kong.
- Failure Mode Effect Analysis (FMEA) at ARGI Management Consultants, Malaysia.
- ISO 14000 at MNA Management Consultant, Malaysia.
- Counseling and Coaching Skills at Specialist Management Resources, Malaysia.
- First Aid and CPR at PRIMA LINK Training and Consultancy, Malaysia.
- Fire Fighting and Prevention Training at Sungai Petani Fire Department, Malaysia.
- Various other LEAN based training : BPK (Business Process Kaizen), TPM, 5S, SMED,
- Pull System, Value Stream Analysis, Changeover Optimization, Line Balancing, etc.
Fluent in various languages (0 ~5 rating, 5 being most fluent)
- English: Spoken: 5, Understanding: 5, Written: 5, Reading: 5
- Bahasa Malaysia (Malaysian local language): Spoken: 5, Understanding: 5, Written: 5, Reading: 5
- Chinese (Mandarin): Spoken: 2.0, Understanding: 2.5, Written: 0, Reading: 0
- Tamil (local Indian language): Spoken: 4, Understanding: 4, Written: 0, Reading: 0
- Indonesian (similar to the Malay language): Spoken: 4, Understanding: 4, Written: 3, Reading: 3
Contact John David for more information:
Tel: +6 (019) 423-2009